SUPPORT THE LEZARD KING BAR / SOUTENONS LE BAR LEZARD KING

Stand Up!

/ #47 Re: Alas...

2011-06-16 01:09

#43: Stepslo - Alas...

You know, 'B.is B.' is something, 'God' is a different thing, some believe in one, some others in both, some in none, and many in a variety of other major themes and concepts related to life or passions. Summarizing shortly such wide concepts in a tentative to make out of them a so called philosophical approach is wrong... Too short is too easy - and your reflection lacks of consistency and rational arguments.

This is not the issue. We are talking about preserving a musical & cultural heritage belonging to the city of Paris (city of lights, of monuments & architecture, city of landmarks,  city of art, of literature, fashion...)  beloved by J. M. This little landmark is the "Lezard". what's the fuss suddenly with the ex group members, the lawyers, and so on. They are all bloody wealthy, well off and have no need for grabbing more, and especially from the smaller and the weaker. A proper gentleman attitude would have been to visit the place, to show themselves around and to give their moral support with generosity to the modest and decent owner of the bar, to show respect to J. M. their leader, singer, poet, as he was the leading figure, much ahead of them artistically and culturally speaking. He is not here anymore, so leave things as they are... this what they should do. Do not tell me they have a sudden love or affection for the dead, or that they are trying to protect their image (which they do not have, as they have done nothing since a while!)... it is all about greed power and money.

Van Morrison ("the man", great singer, writer and poet) said : "Music is spiritual. The music business is not."

To conclude I'll just add two quotes from J. M. hoping you will revise and eventually amend your position.  J. M. wrote:

"If my poetry aims to achieve anything, it's to deliver people from the limited ways in which they see and feel."

"Death makes angels of us all and gives us wings where we had shoulders smooth as ravens claws."

Take care & be cool...
Regards