SUPPORT THE LEZARD KING BAR / SOUTENONS LE BAR LEZARD KING

Victor H.
Visiteur

/ #50

2011-06-17 11:56

I doubt that The Doors have the right for the word combination "Lizard King", neither in english nor in any other language, for any business there is.

I doubt that you have to ask anybody for permission if you want to display a picture of Jim Morrison or even Ray Manzarek or even The Doors logo on your wall, be it at your home or in your bar.

I doubt that you have to ask for permission, if you want to name a drink, your dog, your cow or your car Light My Fire or Twentieth Century Fox. Did some certain members or associates of The Doors ever know that Jim took quite a few Doors songtitles directly from book titles or film titles? Even the title "Riders On The Storm" is only a slight variation of the song title "Riders In The Sky" by Vaughn Monroe. Does Ray remember that even musically "Riders On The Storm" is based on "Riders In The Sky" and on "Mercy, Mercy, Mercy" by Cannonball Adderly? Sue them, Joe Zawinul! I bet you will win! Don't wait until they accuse YOU that you stole the music from The Doors!

Money beats soul 24 hours a day
- Jim Morrison