SUPPORT THE LEZARD KING BAR / SOUTENONS LE BAR LEZARD KING

Contacter l'auteur de la pétition

Ce sujet de conversation a été automatiquement créé pour la pétition SUPPORT THE LEZARD KING BAR / SOUTENONS LE BAR LEZARD KING.

Visiteur

2011-06-10 21:33

ils exagèrent, ils vivent sur le dos de Jim, depuis trop longtemps, ne pas oublier que Morrison avait l'intention de dissoudre le groupe, qu'il est mort à paris et qu'il repose au père Lachaise.
Morrison est un vrai parisien, il est normal que nous lui rendions hommage.

Visiteur

2011-06-10 21:52

A reaction from Ray Manzarek would be appreciated. There's still a possibility to get through this in a honorable way for both parts.
I remember a quote from the Doors Box Set "Future isn't what it used to be", yeah... Let's help the Doors to not fall into a deep shame.

Visiteur

2011-06-10 22:11

I don't see what harm the bar is doing. I think it's ludicrous that the Doors are saying they don't want Jim Morrison's name to be associated with a liquor establishment. Jim did like a drink or two himself - I doubt very much he'd object! Also, it's a great place for us Doors fans to meet up and have a drink in Paris. Please leave the bar alone

Visiteur

2011-06-10 23:27

Longue vie aux Hard Rock Cafe!

Visiteur

2011-06-10 23:55

Attitude innadmissible de personnes a qui les ayants droit de Jim Morisson ont interdit de s'appeler The Doors.
Christophe est plus qu'un passionné de Jim Morisson, il est completement fou de lui. Ce bar c'est le rève d'une personne depuis plus de 25 ans, et ceux qui , eux ont réussi leur rève voudrait l'empêcher lui a son tour s'accomplir le sien.
Pour ne pas avoir une interdiction de réaliser ses rêves , soutenons tous Christophe par cette pétition et en allant le voir dans son magnifique bar dédie a Jim.

Visiteur

2011-06-11 00:06

y'a pas de lézard

Visiteur

2011-06-11 00:59

'Greed resides in the strangest places'
Jim Morrison

Visiteur

2011-06-11 01:36

ray is a greddy mother fucker

Visiteur

#9 My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

2011-06-11 02:07

Ok this is what i would do: First there in "Rick and The Ravens. Ray began that. Then of course, for all of us, fate makes our lives interesting. Ray discovered Jim Morrison while studying at UCLA. Then spawned, The Doors." Jim wanted it called, "The Doors of Perception." But shortened to "The Doors." Whatever. Over time, the Jim with name, "The Lizard King" began first as a tongue and cheek and was conceived to birth an altered to persona of Jim Morrison. Those associated with them that had their self serving, questionable desires opened their dark nature and millions were made and he was anointed a myth that he, himself did not see then. My point is, Ray founded The Doors, Jim had the name "Lizard King" stamped on him,and now a fan, takes the name, Lezared King" and don't truly understand that that is a patent , copyright infringement has occured. Ray should take this to court and get the title back. On top of that, that place is a bar where an staggering amount of alcohol bought, cocktails made from whiskey, and Jim 's picture is there to oversee as some "the Doinysus " God of Excessive Pleasure and Wine is a disrespect that only alcoholics like Jim--the poison that killed Jim Morrison, caused the end of a Legend that was moving toward art only brillance is the foundation, and left us without a artist that won't come again (while i am living) like, Twain, Wildes, Blake, Nietzsche, Rembrant, and others not mentioned. If i wrote something I admired and used their words, showing their pictures, and making money that ended the life of my favorite singer viewed as a mentor even in 2011, I would be sued for some much money and suffer emotional torment. So Ray is only preserving and save that began and the Doors is founder, rights, and the legacy that has been started in the late 60s. If was me, Ray is doing what is right. I bet this is not the first person he has to deal with those "idiots' using to make money that is really a stuble form of stealing and getting a piece of the pie that is not even his. Before i opened my business last year, my lawyers made sure that there was no name like I was going to name it before opening. But this lawsuit is in Paris, but this the law of the United States of America. Jim's whole essence was for each individual to think, be, and do what is right and true for themselves. Do you think Jim would like this and the name is his and his only. I doubt he would like it. Thanks for asking my opinion and have good day or evening in Paris. Been stunning weather in southeast United States..............Kristi Jones ps- The Doors had to be shortened because The Doors of Perception came from Huxley. They would be in violation of copyright inpringement from them. Get the point. :}}}
lizardkingitalia

#10 Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

2011-06-11 02:26

#9: - My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

I am a follower of Jim as a child .... 32 years of listening,understanding ... I agree that we should not involve alcohol or meansof destruction in the name morrison .. and I could keep writing forhours .. . trick that in case I have to agree with Manzarek andmembers ...

Visiteur

#11 Re: Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

2011-06-11 02:52

#10: lizardkingitalia - Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit" 

Fuck you if you support this insane Manzarek, go away you have nothing to do here

Shame on you

Visiteur

#12 Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

2011-06-11 09:44

Jim did not invent 'Lizard King'. It is the common name for Tyrannosaurus Rex :) That is where Jim got the name from.

Visiteur

#13 Hard Rock Cafe sells cocktail called Riders On The Storm

2011-06-11 10:01

Quote from the Washington Post outlining the 'reason' for the case against Christophe Maillet “The Doors do not want to be seen as having approved of your establishment and also the consumption of alcohol.”

Why is the Hard Rock Cafe, with its bars all over the world, allowed to have alcoholic drinks associated with The Doors, but not Christophe's Maillet's Le Lezard King bar? It most certainly cannot be the for the moral reason it 'suggests'.

Visiteur

2011-06-11 11:09

non è giusto chiuderlo
Alex Patton

#15 Re: Re: Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit"

2011-06-11 12:30

#11: - Re: Re: My Opinion of this "lawsuit" 

"Fuck you if you support this insane Manzarek, go away you have nothing to do here Shame on you"

Excuse me but if you want to argue freedom of expression in the case of Lezard bar which I support 100% by the way you cannot exclude doubters from posting here. It's a matter of choosing sides and a weak argument cannot stand up to criticism. If this argument is strong let anyone who chooses to argue against it post what they like. It's called a debate.  

In a debate different viewpoints emerge and usually the weaker argument concedes to the strong. Don't exclude the Ray Manzarek argument. Welcome it and then rip it to shreds with your own.

Ce message a été supprimé par l'auteur de cette pétition (Montrer les détails)

2011-06-11 12:32

Visiteur

#17 Re:

2011-06-11 12:33

#14: -

This is an insult to millions of Doors fans who can and do drink responsibly.

I hope the remaining Doors uphold their moral stance and quit drinking themselves if Le Lezard King is made to close.

Visiteur

#18 giz

2011-06-11 13:25

strange that the doors don't argue about drugs, there's two coffeeshops in amsterdam using the logo of the doors, maybe ray still thinks that drugs are good. i hope i can drink many cocktails in le lizard king and hope ray chokes in his first soda he drinks today

Visiteur

2011-06-11 13:57

This is ridiculous. It is in homage to the band and is doing more good than bad. It is the Doors who will come off worst in the fans eyes.
Uncle Cristobal

#20 Remainnind Doors VS Lizard King Bar

2011-06-11 14:19

The Doors were a dyonisian band, that"s why they were so original, powerful, admired and are still so influencial. Especially in this country where poets like Baudelaire, Rimbaud & Verlaine flourished in a flux of absinthe & excess...and where the beloved Jim Morrison choose to live for a while after recordind LA Woman. He probably didn't choose to die here, but eventually that(s what happened. At the time, the remaining Doors choose to continue, fot a while too, 'cause they were still competent musicians, but had to stop, "cause nobody was interested...40 years later, they should understand better and stop to pretend curating an heitage that is not their's only, by far : 'cause every bar in the world, every toast almost, owns a debt to Jim The Lizard King, Queen Janis & the Rest of Them All Creatures of God & Sin, as says our dear godfather ans sinner L. Cohen, so be it !

Visiteur

2011-06-11 15:20

Jim would've loved this bar!

Visiteur

2011-06-11 18:48

je trouve cela anormal, que des photos des doors, soient retirées, dans un bar dédié aux doors et qui fait l'originalité d'un bar en general !

Ce message a été supprimé par son auteur (Montrer les détails)

2011-06-11 18:57

The Hitchhiker

2011-06-11 19:39

The old are gettin' older day by day.

Visiteur

#25 Mezzkal

2011-06-11 21:16

this is what can be called a complete hoax !

indeed (it has to be checked out) the name of the bar ''Kng Lezard'' DON'T EVEN BELONG to the Doors ! Nor didn(t it belong to Jim himseilf ! it was just a nickname used by the rock press --and the fans-- to designate Jim affectionately, but I doubt very much that anybody had ever registered that moniker as a trade mark, be it the Doors as a group (dissolved anyway), its management, or Elektra, their record company...
As such, Manzarek has NO RIGHT whatsoever to forbid anybody to use that denomination !
the only nuisance that he can carry on is, eventually, forbid the use of Doors' songs to name alcoholic cocktails, bein' given that they probably own the copyrights on the titles... But then let's refer to above commentary about Hard Rock Cafés all over the world, naming cocktails after Doors titles, among others, without any legal action... CQFD !